Compensation / HRIS Analyst
CA - Los Angeles
The HRIS/Compensation Analyst will conduct analyses of jobs, hourly wages, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company’s pay practices. This incumbent will make recommendations regarding salary grades or market rates for specific jobs as well as participate in and/or conduct wage surveys. This role will also support the Performance Management process. Provide technical expertise and analytical support and leadership on key processes/projects. Key areas of responsibility include salary survey participation and analysis, conducting job evaluations, and implementing job descriptions and making base pay recommendations and compensation plan (re)design, as well as participate in and lead projects regarding compensation programs. Working knowledge of managing Human Resource Info Systems (HRIS). Responsible for the integrity of all data entry transactions within the HRIS system. Ensure all HR data is maintained in the HR system with the utmost data privacy and accuracy standards. Develops processes and practices on how to organize and input HR data into the HR system. Manages the compensation function for Corporate staff departments. Plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, procedures, in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. Assures thorough audits, reports and personal contact that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and Corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to Corporate staff.
2. Provides advice to Corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
3. Provide support to HR System users and work closely with other departments to ensure questions are resolved.
4. Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for Corporate staff including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on salaried employees.
5. Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
6. Generate and distribute bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports required for compliance (Vets 100A, EEO-1, AAP, retirement plans, workers compensation, service awards, turnover and HR metrics).
7. Supervises the participation in and conduct of both exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
8. Work directly with HRCs on processes, new hire, benefits enrollment and terminations.
9. Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
10. Ensure the company's pay scale complies with ever changing state and Federal laws and regulations. In addition, you will be responsible for assisting with the company's annual performance evaluation process.
11. Manages the EEO-1 reporting on an annual basis
12. Responsible for annual Affirmative Action program and assisting in fulfilling mandated responsibilities.
13. Employee reward systems such as bonuses, merit raises, and pay-for-performance plans will also fall within the responsibilities of the position on as needed basis.
14. Maintain job code & salary grade tables in HRIS
15. Participate in the review of promotion and adjustment requests and develop recommendations based on internal equity, practices and current market trends
16. Support system upgrades, testing and enhancements to enable optimal utilization of functionality for all HR areas and technical projects.
17. Complete special projects and studies as assigned which may include the redesign of existing compensation programs, the development of new programs and the completion of ad-hoc analysis that outline specific observations and recommendations
18. Maintain awareness of current HRIS trends.
Four to five years of responsible professional experience in compensation discipline including significant experience in salary survey analysis/participation in Manufacturing setting highly preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years work experience within the HRIS or business systems applications fields.
Experience in compensation planning and redesign and systems implementation. Strong technical skills in an HRIS system (ADP preferred) and Applicant Tracking System
Must have advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Mathematical aptitude, analysis skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management.
Proven analytical and problem solving skills, ability to interpret data, build useable spreadsheets, summarize results and make recommendations.
Good planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to manage expectations of the job, processes and multiple projects. Must be able to handle confidential information at all times. Must be able to work independently as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) desired or SPHR, PHR designation preferred
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand/walk for up to 2 hours a day. Must be able to type for up to 1/3 of the time and travel on a quarterly basis.
Must be able to work in a busy office setting with frequent deadlines and interruptions.
JM Eagle Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled